Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The cover letter contains all of the required components, which are outlined in the Instructions for Authors.
- The authors acknowledge the registered reports process, which is outlined in the Instructions for Authors.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points in text, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Formatting and Reporting Guidelines.
- If applicable, the submission has reported effect sizes, descriptive statistics, confidence intervals, and test statistics. Note that this is not required for Stage 1 submissions. Please check this box.
- If data have been collected, the submission has provided de-identified data related to the manuscript and any associated analysis code. If data have not been collected, please check this box.
- If applicable,. the submission has provided a “21-word solution”. For example, “We report how we determined our sample size, all data exclusions (if any), all manipulations, and all measures in the study.” Note that this is not required for Stage 1 submissions. Please check this box.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.